Saturday, June 18, 2011

to all of the fathers out there--diy number four.

last week was a pretty hectic week so getting the time to sit down, pick a project and then do it just didn't happen.  i just started my summer class and have been working a lot lately.  this week though i decided to go with a fathers day themed gift since fathers day is this coming sunday. my sister gave me this idea and helped me pick out the supplies.  for my father i decorated him a grilling apron then bought him new grilling tools and his favorite bbq sauce to go along with it.

here are the supplies i used:

-one apron (i got just a plain red one out of the craft section)
-paint
-paint brushes

this is a very simple project.  pretty much i googled some different grilling phrases and grills and chose my design and free handed it onto my apron.  you may want to make a stencil out of wax paper if you're not comfortable just going for it.  it literally took me just fifteen minutes and now my father will have a heartfelt apron made by his wonderful daughter when grilling. :)  the only thing i would suggest really is if you're planning on having words on it buy paint pens. haha.  it takes a lot longer to paint the words out and its a little tedious.

here is the finished project:
-natalie.


No comments:

Post a Comment